Grady Lane McGowan

Lilypie

Jett Aubrey McGowan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 29, 2008

9 months!

I woke up this morning thinking "9 months!" On one hand this pregnancy has flown by and on the other I feel like I've been pregnant forever!:-) I had my first weekly exam Tuesday and it went great! Grady's heartbeat is so strong & he's still head down, ready to go (possibly for good now)! I am dilated to a 1 & 50% effaced, which I was not expecting! Unfortunately, this doesn't necessarily mean that Grady will come early - but it is a good sign that my body has started the labor process!

I can't complain - I've had a great pregnancy but I will say that this Texas heat is starting to get to me! 95 degrees and my big ol' belly are not a fun combination! Yesterday, I took Riley for a walk around 11 b/c it was supposed to be a little bit cooler (like in the 80's). Yeah well, I must have read the forecast wrong! As we were rounding the last street, my fingers looked like sausages and Riley decided that he was finished. He pulled me over under a shade tree, plopped down on the grass & looked at me like "I can't make it any further!" I waited for a minute but figured we better both get home & get some water before I swelled up like an elephant! So, I picked up his little domesticated butt & carried him the rest of the way! I'm sure we were a lovely sight!:-) When we got home, he drank a gallon of water and went & layed on my bed under the fan! Needless to say, my new form of exercise from here on out will be swimming!

~jen

2 comments:

Rollins Family said...

You look adorable. (I like the skirt) The bedding turned out amazing. I cant wait to see it in person with little Grady in it.

ehaag said...

That's a funny story! Last August (when Tyra was about 3 1/2 months pregnant), our AC went out at home and for like 2-3 nights, Tyra, our little dog Gabi, and I slept with like 3 fans blowing right on us. Ugh, it was awesome! ha! Pregnancy and heat and humidity don't mix too well!