Grady Lane McGowan

Lilypie

Jett Aubrey McGowan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 11, 2008

MinnesOta

The McGowan family just returned to Texas today after a week in Minnesota. We were invited to lead worship for Northwestern College's homecoming week. During the morning chapel services, it was just me, Aubrey, a guitar and 1,800 students singing at the top of their lungs! It was an amazing sound and experience! It was such a beautiful campus w/ trees everywhere turning shades of red & yellow! We also led worship for an alumni candlelit communion service on Friday night in the most gorgeous chapel...it's actually the #1 wedding site in all of Minnesota! This trip was such a blessing in so many ways! They flew us there...payed for our hotel, rental car, food and for the "gig"! We really only spent a few hours each day on campus and had the rest of the time to relax and check out the Land of 10,000 lakes!:-) Here are a few pics from our adventure...

Grady all bundled up! Goin' out to eat...
First rainbow I've seen in years!
The Mall of America...
Cathedral of Saint Paul
Grady had to take showers w/ Daddy all week! I totally forgot to take a picture of the redneck roll-away crib that Aubrey made towel bumpers for...it was a little crazy to be in one room w/ a baby!The chapel at Northwestern...gorgeous!!!Last but certainly not least...SUE! Our new friend who hung out w/ Grady all week!
~jen

8 comments:

The Dovers- said...

He is so adorable! Seriously. Those cheeks. I just want to squeeze his cheeks! Sounds like it was an awesome trip.

Rollins Family said...

Thanks for all the new pictures. Grady looks so cute all bundled up. He probably was wondering what all those clothes were about. That Texas boy aint use to that kind of weather!!

Shannon said...

yeah!!! new pics! I LOVE the hat! Where did you pic that one up. Maybe we need to do a hat swap. C's cowboy hat for G's...just for a day or two. He sure was styling! Love the look on his face in the shower, looks a little freaked out. Glad you all had such a great time, even better that your home!!!

Ronni said...

Looks like y'all had a great time - love all the pics!

Leah Susi said...

I am glad that you had such a good trip...too bad it couldn't have been during the 4 years I loved there:). Grady is growing and is so cute!

Leah Susi said...

I mean lived there....

Lead Finger said...

I think the correct pronunciation is Minnes-oo-tah

- AAA said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed my home state of MN. You said it right...big, beautiful trees everywhere. That's what strikes me as so awesome every time I'm back. I miss that a lot...but NOT the cold weather. And how bout the MOA? Crazy, huh?